Sunday, April 27, 2014

QR Codes

QR codes (like bar codes) are everywhere! I've seen them at restaurants, in stores, in newspapers, etc. By scanning a QR code you can instantly be connected to a website or download a file.  QR codes are becoming quite popular in schools as well.  Students can with a simple click in a QR code scanner be connected right to the information they need.  No more typing lengthy addresses into your web browser. QR codes are much quicker and can lead you to exactly where you need to go.

In the art room, I've used QR codes to create links to student portfolios on our Artsonia website.  I then attach the QR codes to their artwork that is displayed in our art show.  I could also use QR codes around the classroom to take students directly it what they need to know in a particular center...or even a web page I've created with ideas.  I could post QR codes at our art show to play slide shows of students working in the classroom.



I think students would catch on quick to using QR Codes for accessing information in the classroom. I think that it would be helpful for the students to have more access to the iPads.

Here are three QR codes I created using this website



No comments:

Post a Comment